I still remember the excitement when I earned my first dollar online in Nigeria. In this blog post, I will show you how to make money online in Nigeria
As a Nigerian, I know first hand the challenges of Googling how to make money online in Nigeria. You’re looking for legit ways to make money online in Nigeria and it seems like you can’t seem to break the ice and get the water out of it.
It’s simple and I will show the simple steps I used to earn money online in Nigeria.
Being a Nigerian is a blessing and the internet is for everyone and does not discriminate.
let me give you a back story…. So back in the days I started a blog and life happened and I stopped blogging…. And randomly one day I decided to check my blog and I saw my Google Adsense account was growing and I was earning. Now to me that was a dead blog but it was earning me money because I was gaining traffic from Google.
Ofcourse I had to start creating content on that blog and I still earn money from that Adsense account.
That’s typically how I started earning money online in Nigeria. I understand all the deets involved and I will show you in simple steps legitimate ways to make money online in Nigeria.
So come with me and I will show you how to make money online in nigeria.
How To Make Money Online In Nigeria
To make money online in Nigeria, get a website then sell something.
That’s it. Just like any other business. The concept is simple. But there’s more to it and I will break it down for you.
What can you sell online in Nigeria? You either sell your own products or someone else’s product.
5 Main Ways To Earn Money Online In Nigeria
Now there are 5 main ways you can make money online in Nigeria – that is, 5 main things you can sell. They are:
Most of us start with one and add more as we go. I started with Google Adsense and I have added more ways that I earn money online.
It’s simple, sell your skills or expertise.
When I created this website that was the first way I monetized my website. You can read my first blog income income report. And this is because offering a service is one of the quick ways to earn money online. So if you want to make money fast in Nigeria, offer your skill.
Examples of Services You Can Offer To Make Money Online In Nigeria:
- Virtual Assistant – How to become a virtual assistant
- Freelance – How to become a freelance Writer
- Coach or Consult
- Teach or Tutor
- Offer in-person services like organizing, decorating or cooking
- Your online business will be up and running with hours or days
- Low startup costs
- Little to no inventory required
- Offer your services locally or globally(the many benefits of the internet).
- It’s not scalable. And you must trade your time for money and can only grow as big as your time allows. In simple terms you can’t make money while you sleep.
- Dealing with clients can be challenging.
If you need money fast, start here. Offer a service or skill you already have. Brainstorm a list of your skills. Narrow them down to the ones that are most likely to make people’s lives easier.
2. Affiliate Marketing
Sell someone else’s product or service. Earn a commission when someone buys the product or service you recommend.
- Niche blogging – How to build a niche site in 2021
- Promoting products you like in blog posts, emails, videos or podcasts.
- Tools or resource page on your website. See an example here
- You can partner with others in their product launch.
- High-profit margins
- You don’t have to create the product
- You don’t have to maintain it or offer customer service
- Make money while you’re not working.
- There are thousands of products to promote.
- Affiliate marketing depends on trust which can take a while to build
- You don’t have control over the entire sales process which reflect badly on you if there’s a problem along the line
- Anything you promote can be changed or eliminated at any time.
Affiliate is one of my favorite and most profitable income streams. Although it takes time to become lucrative because you have to build trust with your followers first, but the entry barrier is low. The best way to start is to start a blog/website and promote products in your blog posts/ articles.
3. Digital Products
Sell digital products you create.
- Canva Templates
- Workbooks, or PDFs
- Membership sites
- Email course
- Online courses
- Website or blog flipping
- Online classess
- Workshops or Summits
- Digital files like photographs, audio or video clips
- You create your products from start to finish
- Make it once and sell it infinite times
- Delivery to customers is fast and easy
- Set your own pricing.
- Low risk
- Low overhead
- Creating a digital product takes time and energy
- Technical challenges can occur
- Depending on the type of digital product, you might need to learn alot.
Selling digital products is one of the best ways to earn money online in Nigeria. They are easy to produce and sell. To start, create content on your blog, website, podcast or Youtube channel. Observe what your followers need. Create a digital product to meet that need.
4. Physical Products
Sell your own physical products
- Handmade goods
- Print on demand
- Private label goods
- Manufactured merchandise
- There are ways to sell physical products without having to touch them yourself through print on demand or dropshipping
- There are many helpful resources to get started. For example, How to Build, Launch and Grow a Profitable Online Store
- Many people prefer buying from small businesses instead of large retailers.
- Creating or sourcing a physical product takes time, resources, energy and money
- You will need to maintain inventory
- Handling shipping and returns can be intense work.
If you know you have the grits and all to sell physical products by all means go for it. It has become easier to set up an online shop either with WordPress or Shopify. But personally, I will add this income stream later.
5. Ads & Sponsorships
Sell someone else’s product or service. And get paid when you mention their name, product to your audience. You can also monetize your blog with Google Adsense and earn money online in Nigeria.
- It’s easy to join an advertising network and earn money online.
- The terms are always fine.
- To make good income, you need a lot of traffic to your blog or have a large following
- Mobile use and ad blockers can interfere with your advertising efforts.
Once you have a blog, YouTube channel, or podcast, advertising is relatively easy to start. However, it requires a lot of traffic to earn a lot of money. So it can be an additional income stream and not your main source of income.
So What’s Next?
Start a blog, establish a schedule, create content, add income streams and you will start making money online in Nigeria.
I will like to hear from you if you have started making money online in Nigeria. What income stream will you like to add as well.