Are you looking for how to set up a successful online business?
With the events that have happened in 2020 it has become even more necessary to set up an online business if you are willing to do so.
People are also buying online now more than ever. Many businesses that had just a physical store have seen the urgent need to create an online presence for their businesses.
And if you’re thinking that you’re late to the party, you’re completely wrong.
I am here to help you set up a successful online business where people will keep coming to and buying from you.
So let’s get started.
Four Steps On How To Set Up A Successful Online Business
1. Decide What You’re Going To Sell
Many people get excited at the thought of setting up an online business. But in order to have a successful online business, you need to first decide what you’re going to sell.
Creating a website is not the same thing as having a successful online business.
Don’t be deceived by the long adage that says if I create it, they will come.
No your website needs to solve a problem before you can make profit from it.
So first decide on what you will be selling on your website
Because a thriving online business needs to be selling something. Either a service, digital product or physical product.
If you’re just starting out and you’re trying to figure out what it is that you need to sell, here are my suggestions for you to consider.
- What are you already skilled at doing? May be you are experienced with social media marketing. For example, You can create facebook ads. Manage social media account. Or you have successfully lost say 40kg weight and you’re at your ideal weight, and have coached people offline how to loss weight, and now you’re thinking of growing your business by coaching more people virtually. Start with the skill that you already have.
- How can you get started? Now that you have figured out the skill that you have, then you need to get started. When I started my online business, I started as a service provider, because that is the easiest way to start an online business. But I know there are people who start with selling digital products or physical products and they are a great success today.
2. Set Up Your Website
So, if you have decided what you want to sell, now it’s time to set up your website.
Any successful online business, have a professional and beautiful website that attracts people and turn them into loyal customers.
Whether you’re a service provider, or you want to sell digital products on your website, I’ve got you covered.
If you’re a service provider, you can build your website with ease using the ChicServer WordPress Theme if you’re offering services.
Check out ChicServer WordPress Theme if you’re offering services.
If you plan on selling digital products, check out ChicShop WordPress Theme.
And if you plan on offering services and also selling digital products, then the ChicBoss WordPress Theme is the best for you.
No idea how to create a website? Check out the free getting started guide on how to build your own website today.
3. Create Content That Directs People To Your Website.
Creating relevant content for your website is one of the best ways to direct people to your website.
Yes, I know you have created your website, and listed your services and products which is fantastic, but you need people to find you.
And creating content is the best way for people to find you.
I create content for my website that drives traffic to my site and so do other successful business owners as well.
You can create content such as:
- Blog Posts
- Youtube Videos
- Podcast episodes
But I find that one of the best ways to start is by creating blog posts.
Blog posts are great because they rank in Google search results and that means organic traffic, and can also be pinned on pinterest which is a large search engine where most pinners are searching for things.
Most people always ask how do I write new blog posts? A good starting point, is to create one blog post per week.
Another thing to keep in mind when creating blog posts, is that you need to create blog posts that are relevant to what you sell or do on your website.
If you’re fitness coach, you should create content that are related to fitness, healthy living etc.
For example you can create blog posts on the following topics:
- How to get started with healthy living
- 10 tools you need to live a healthy life
- 30 Days meal plan to loose 40kg
- Shopping list for healthy living
It will be irrelevant to create content such as how to fix generators if you’re a fitness coach. Because such content will attract the wrong audience to your website and you might not be able to sell your services or products.
So now that you have created your website, and created content as well, it’s now time to share your content.
There are many ways to share your content today on social media. You can use:
- Pinterest (one of my best – learn how to set up your pinterest account for massive traffic with this blog post)
- Email newsletter
If your content is optimized for SEO then you can get people coming to your website from search engines.
Yes that’s it, this is all you need to get started and set up a successful online business.
Basically you should rinse and repeat.
This is a simple process for you to start an online business, as there are many other steps to running an online business like:
- Scaling your online business
- Setting up evergreen email funnels
- Adding tripwires
and many more. But you don’t need to have these other parts to get started. Your online business will continue to grow, and change over times, but the most important step is to get started.
If this blog post was helpful to you, do share it with others.