Your first step is to create a pinterest business account.
If you are currently using a personal account, you are missing out on a lot of features which includes:
- Rich Pins
- Promoted post
you will not have access to any of the above features, until you convert your account to a business account.
STEP 1: HOW TO SETUP A PINTEREST BUSINESS ACCOUNT
To create a pinterest business account, you have two options.
- Create A Brand New Business Account.
- Go to pinterest for business and chosse “join as a business”
- Complete the details about your business and manager of the account
- Read and Accept if you agree to the pinterest terms of service and click “Create Account”
2. Convert your Pinterest Personal Account To a Business Account.
- Login to your current pinterest personal account
- Go to convert for business
- Click convert now
- Complete the information, and click “convert”
- Your personal account will be converted a business account, and you will retain your all your followers, boards, pins but with the additional features of a business account.
Step 2: Complete Your Profile on Your Pinterest Business Account
- Upload a good headshot or your company logo
- Choose your username
- Add your bio, this includes keywords about your business for search engine optimization
- Add details about what you do and how you can help your ideal clients. Give people the opportunity to see and understand your passions and interests, so that it is easier to follow and connect with you.
- Add your location
- Add your website
- Pinterest is about visual, so always think visual.
Once you have completed the above steps, it is time to verify your website.
Step 3: Verify Your Website
If you don’t verify your website, you won’t have access to pinterest analytics.
Follow these steps to get it done:
- Go to the main page of your account and choose “Edit profile”
- Scroll down, add your website address and click “claim”
- You’ll see a pop with verification instructions, you have two options here(html tag or html file). select the html tag option.
- There are different ways to add html tag to your website, but the easiest is using the Yoast SEO plugin.
- So if you don’t have the yoast SEO plugin, install and activate it.
- Go to WordPress dashboard, on the left side, click on SEO then click on Social, on the facebook tab, make enable “open graph settings”
- Once you are done, go back to Pinterest and click on: “click here to complete the process”.
- You should receive a message that says your verification is complete.
STEP 4: ENABLE RICH PINS
Rich Pins provide more context about an idea because they show extra information directly on a Pin. There are four types of Rich Pins: app, product, recipe and article.
To enable rich pins, follow the instructions here and you will quickly enable rich pins
FEELING OVERWHELMED WITH SHORT OF TIME? As a busy entrepreneur, you might not have all the time to implement all these, but instead of skipping on all these huge benefits, which could have huge repercussion on your business, click here to learn more about booking a Pinterest Account Setup with me.