What are rich pins?
Below is Pinterest’s explanation of rich pins:
Rich Pins provide more context about an idea because they show extra information directly on a Pin. There are four types of Rich Pins: app, product, recipe and article.
So here’s how the four types of rich pins apply’s to you as a business person on pinterest.
- Product pins:
Product Pins make shopping easier. They include real-time pricing, availability and where to buy your product.
- Recipe pins:
Recipe Pins get cooks excited with all the right info: ingredients, cooking times and serving sizes.
- Article pins:
Article Pins help Pinners save stories that matter to them. Each Article Pin shows a headline, author and story description.
- App pins:
These Pins show an install button so people can download your app without leaving Pinterest. For now, App Pins are only compatible with iOS.
How To Enable Rich Pins
- Install the yoast SEO plugin. In order to enable rich pins, pinterest requires you to add meta tags to your site, because I don’t mess around with codes, the best option is to install the yoast SEO plugin, and allow it do the job for me. So install and activate Yoast, head over to the “Features” tab, and check that the “Advanced settings pages” switch is on “enabled”. That will enable the metadata.
- Go to Rich Pin Validation Page
- Copy and paste the url of one of your blog posts into the rich pin validator, it doesn’t matter any of the blog post, just choose one and get going.
- Click validate
- You will receive a message that says: “Your pins have been validated! Apply to enable rich pins.
- Click on “Apply Now”
- Pinterest will reply you with the following message immediately: “Thank you! We’ll review it and email you with any questions or next steps.
- So next is the waiting game from pinterest, which will take a few days.
Pinterest will notify you of approval. So look at for the email.
Now that you successfully enabled rich pins, you can start creating pins for your original content, and get pinning.
Feeling overwhelmed? I’d be happy to help you set up your Pinterest Business Account.