So in my previous blog post, how to use pinterest for business, I shared on how you can create a pinterest for business account so that you can start using all the features of pinterest business account to grow your business. Right after setting up your pinterest business account, you need to optimze your pinterest profile so that you will not loose out on your ideal clients.
In this post, I am going to show you how to optimize your pinterest profile so that you can start generating massive traffic to your blog posts.
So first of all what is Pinterest?
- Pinterest is essentially a platform that allows you to discover and share photos and videos.
- Pinterest is one of the largest search engines in the world, it comes second to google on search engines.
- Pinterest is not all about recipes, diy, home ideas, style inspiration and other ideas to try.
Why You Need To Optimize Your Pinterest?
You need to optimize your pinterest profile because pinterest is so effective and you can have a huge success even if you don’t yet have a large following. Do you know that Pinterest has the following features?
- Pinterest has more than 250 million active monthly views. And that is a tone of people for you to reach.
- 87% of pinners have purchased a product because of pinterest.
- The half-life of a pin is 3.5months. While the half-life of a tweet is 24 minutes.
Four elements that you need to include in your pinterest profile to optimize it
- Your Profile picture: Use something that is friendly, clean and bright. If you are creating an account for your business that is well established, then use your business logo. But if you are a blogger, or a small business owner, use your picture.
- Brand Name: Your brand name should include your business name or your name and relevant keywords of your business or blog.
- Username: Use the same username on every platform
- Your Bio Description: In your bio, you have a space of 200 characters to sell yourself. So convey who you help, what you do and what they should expect when they follow you, and a call to action with a short link.
Action To Overhaul Your Pinterest Profile
- Choose a Personal Profile Picture
- Select a brand name with keywords
- Have a username that is consistent on all social media platforms
- Write a friendly bio that explains who you help, what you d and what they should expect when they follow you and a Call To Action with a short link.